Avantime Owners UK

Here you will find a friendly and informal meeting place for the discussion of everything Avantime. If you would like to take part and gain access to the additional 1200+ discussion topics, please sign in or apply for membership below!

New Paint / Blocks !

edited October 2013 in Public Discussions
Bit of a wierd conversation with a fellow petrolhead ( Bmw fan... Yawn )....Any thoughts on the following......Have any Avis in GB been re-sprayed a different colour from standard apart from the Taylor cars ? ...and if doing so to showroom cond what would you go for ?.....and second ..thinking of blocking car for the winter and running old estate during winter...any thoughts or experiences of preserving during the salty roads etc............a drunken gas in pub last night and got me thinking about extending the cars life / a right good bit of TLC...blah blah you get the idea...replies on a postcard ! Interested if anyone has any thoughts esp on a change of colour or is that a sin ! Sc
Tagged:

Comments

Rather than pay £1000's on a full respray, a wrap can change the colour of your car and protect the paintwork underneath at the same time....
    Ehh ? Is that not a mexican dish...lol....never thought of that..cheers. What colour have we not got in out merry band ? First to say Pink is on the naughty list ! May put the car in to Hiberanation for 6 months...has anyone done the same.ie jack up etc to save tyres,drainfluids etc ? Sc
    Karl turned one of his from Mars Red to Illiade...
    http://www.Avantime-gallery.org/galleries/uk/karl/avantime_karl.html
    What about Black?
  • Karl's red to blue one - where is it now? Should be easy to identify, with LPG and a DVD installation. We know he also had a second blue one that he sold to Graham.
    J-E
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 0
    Does he still have the grey one and the V-S I wonder?
    Yeah !!! .... I didn't know how special it was when I bought it !!! .... But it might have been a 2litre conversion, as both rear view mirrors have NO motors in them !!
    I Karl one of the people in overalls?
    No, thats his possy of Changelings !!
    Yeah !!! .... I didn't know how special it was when I bought it !!! .... But it might have been a 2litre conversion, as both rear view mirrors have NO motors in them !!
    A kinda hybrid then!
    Also, all of Karls Cars have the Air Con intakes , and Rear vents sprayed Grey !!
  • What colour have we not got in out merry band ?
    Yellow? only currently available on Gran Tourismo 4, looks cool.

Maybe even with white roof rails too.

If I ever went down the project route of the Dynamique with the RenaultSport engine I'd have it resprayed in Liquid Yellow (unique RenaultSport colour). That plus stripped out interior with recaro seats.
    If I ever went down the project route of the Dynamique with the RenaultSport engine I'd have it resprayed in Liquid Yellow (unique RenaultSport colour). That plus stripped out interior with recaro seats.
    With a gloss black roof that'd be something to behold!
  • Banana yellow was also a Matra colour - previously had on a Murena 2.2 with subtle black/grey pin striping
    I saw a black/white combo on YouTube, probably a wrap:

• Seen this one elsewhere with Avantime - styalised - lettering in Red on side - lower.
    wow ! started a frenzie....just how far could the paint job go ? Like the wrap idea though....mmmmmmm ! Sc
    Sorry....i have a liquid yellow clio nearby... looks really smart Sc
    I saw a Bentley Coupe last week in London that was Totally CHROME !!! .... must be a Wrap!!
    Thank Goodness it was a Cloudy Day, or otherwise everyone would have been Blinded !! :-))
    Know this isn't an Avantime, but look what you can do with a Chrome wrap:

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/2011/09/23/ebay-find-of-the-week-chrome-metro/

I think 5th Gear bought it as a standard car and wanted to see if there was a way to make money on the car...but no one wanted it after the work was done.
    Ehhh ! block a car for the winter ? any thoughts or experience ? seriously thinking about it....and paint Avantime liquid yellow ..or black..or white..but not pink LOL Sc
    Orange with black alloys and roof...
    Leave them as they were Intended !!!! ..... They are beautiful in their original state.
    Mess with all the common cars !!!..... cos they are sooo boring, that they could all do with a makeover !! L-)
    Found this doing a quick google images search:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7945/nrburgringnordschleife9w.jpg

Looking good in yellow
    Looking at a laguna est initiale for the winter. Just thinking of keeping the Avantime off road for the winter...........seems a good idea until i thought Oct to Mar....dont arrange any meets ! as iv said before has anyone stuck their car up on bricks for a time and what wud be the downside of no movement for such a time ?...just wary as our winters are grim wi tons of salt dumped on the roads ta Sc
    Just watched the above clip again....couldnt get bored with it still a buzz and want another before Mike corners the market Sc
  • GSF are now selling aerosols or touch ups for £15 colours mixed on site. I've just grabbed one in illiad blue
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 1,988
    Scottish Winter over........TLC applied and roll on May first. Seems ok after such a long lay off however we shall see.........as after 6 mths last year I had a sheared front spring. Ready for Grampian Motor Museum and some sunshine ! regs Sc ... :D
  • What's your plans for the R19 16V?