Avantime Owners UK

Here you will find a friendly and informal meeting place for the discussion of everything Avantime. If you would like to take part and gain access to the additional 1200+ discussion topics, please sign in or apply for membership below!

Superb condition - Illiad Blue Auto For Sale - £2995

Illiad Blue / Tan leather 3.0 ltr ( Cambelt changed ) Auto For Sale - £2995

Now I know most all of you know the spec already but this is my potential listing details if no-one on here wants to pick up a superb example from a member first. Very realistic price I feel for such a good example but it does need to sell fairly quickly. Based in Southampton but do travel a bit so meet up could be possible

Avantime Privilege 3.0 Ltr Auto - £2995

Excellent example of this Appreciating Classic
Registered April 2002
94K miles
Iliad Blue with Matte black self-adhesive vinyl roof rails ( Avantime typical lacquer blistering removed, levelled and etch primed ). Original tailgate in A1 condition under vinyl and can be easily removed to standard silver finish if required. (No material trimming carried out on the surface during wrapping)
Tan full leather interior with no damage but a little wear as you would expect from a car of this age
Great service history with receipts available
Limited edition number 233 of approximately 400
MOT until June 11th 2016

Mechanical Specification

2946cc 24valve V6 - Cambelt change at 68k by Rentech in 07/2011
5 Speed Automatic transmission with sequential change
Prospeed Sports / Cat Back exhaust with twin tail pipes and Lifetime guarantee fitted 05/2014 (£380:00) sounds warn and throaty without being intrusive. Lovely Sound !
New rear brake discs 12/2012
New front brake discs 07/2013
New front tyres 09/15
New Rear Shock Absorbers 2016
Excellent Condition original alloy wheels
Witter Towbar fitted 2015

Bodywork / Interior Specification

Very tidy body work and good solid chassis ( underside photos available )
Huge sliding front sunroof the width of the car and additional fixed glass panel to the rear
Pillar less side windows with 'Grand Air' opening mode that drops all the windows and opens the massive sun roof at the push of one button
Rear parking sensors factory fit and in full working condition
Electric seats
Heated seats
Cruise Control
Speed Limiter
Excellent quality Sony stereo with full Remote control
Electrically adjustable and folding door mirrors
Steering wheel controls and column radio controls
Massive and ingenious two stage parallel doors, a real feat of engineering
Theatre rear seating. Great higher vantage point seating suits smaller children to get a decent view around rather than the back of a front seat
Seats 5 with belts
Adjustable front Arm rest and cubby ( hinges in full working order )
Unbroken rear parcel shelf ( rare item so I'm led to believe )
Boot Cargo Net
Glove box, illuminated centre compartment and drinks holder drawer all hinges and latches in full working condition ( another Avantime rarity )
Climate control with individual passenger controls
Air Conditioning
Heated front windscreen
Heated Rear Screen
Electric Windows front and rear
Rain Sensor Wipers
Auto dimming rear view mirror
New wipers ( front and rear ) 10/2015
Rear seats fold for large carrying capacity
Tailored car mats front and rear
Rear 12v aux outlet
2 keys Original
Original Avantime sales brochure available

Minor issues

1 alloy wheel centre cap missing
CD changer does not work. (Typical Avantime fault)
A few bars in the centre of the heated screen do not work, but 90% does just fine
Ash tray lid does not stay closed
A few minor stone chips on the bonnet and a couple on each side

Reluctant sale due to new arrival

Comments

• Feel free to call to discuss

07785 715926

Cheers Andy
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 0
    Remove the matt rail wrap ! I think that destroys one of the Iconic looks of the car tbh...just my opinion but the rest looks great Sc
  • Thanks for your comment Scooby, each to their own and I thought I'd experiment with the darker option knowing it could be fully reversible if required. But I appreciate it may not be for everyone's taste. However Avantime owners are not too afraid of being "different"

The vinyl can be replaced with silver or almost any other colour imaginable (One of the benefits of working in the vehicle wrapping industry)

And for the right money I may even do it for you ;)

Cheers
  • Defo...just saying that on the sale front the silver or a bit darker as I have is a better contrast and makes the car stand out !! Regs and good luck ...Sc :)
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 0
    So that's three Avantime owners I know of who are in the car wrap business.
    Apart from the wrapped rails, and no satnav, this car is a sister to mine, similar mileage, similar original reg to my KMA, and badge number 233 - mine's 223, and registered two days earlier.
  • Hi Guys

Really do need to move this one on fairly soon so plan to start a listing on Sunday evening on the dreaded Bay of E

Anyone interested then please make sure you contact me before then, to increase your chance of success before I release to the masses

Cheers
  • Do you want me to put the link on the Facebook page? (you've put it in public discussions so everyone would be able to see it)
  • That would be very helpful.

Many thanks
  • Hi there,

I was thinking of selling my Red Ava as you all may have seen, but i just cannot bring myself to part with it for so little!
    So, I really fancy playing around with some wrapping!
    If any of you guys in the wrapping business could help me design and wrap and offer some unbiased advice, that would be great. Please let me know how to contact you.
  • What do you think of this?
  • This is photoshopped obviously!!
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 0
    What do you think of this?
    I like that. Be interesting to see what combinations there could be...I'll have to learn photo shop

• Sold subject to collection :)
  • Definitely Sold !!!
  • Hi "Spudit".
    Yes, a bit like that.
    The wheels I found on a real,Ava, and I couldn't manage Matt White on photoshop, but that's what I fancy.
    The upper panel could be finished in "black chrome"!

I also fancy a new rear from something like the Merc GLA, of the new Infinity QX30.

It's all good fun anyway!
  • i wondered what the roof rail colour was (looked like a shiny purple to me hence the picture), I did like the rear valance/exhaust in your pic, although if you went to that effort could try and replicate the concept which had exhausts integrated into the bumper and looked very good, i think the centre bit of your valance looks a bit like its trying to be an SUV/crossover.
    btw that car i posted is @RedLion's car, he did it himself (being thats his profession) so might be one to ask if you wanted to go down that route