Avantime Owners UK

Here you will find a friendly and informal meeting place for the discussion of everything Avantime. If you would like to take part and gain access to the additional 1200+ discussion topics, please sign in or apply for membership below!

Grey Rene Y 8ERN

Comments

Very impressed as well!
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 308
    Next job sorted, refurb of alloys I went for a Range Rover silver with flake to add a bit of sparkle, my logic being the concept car wheels had a lot more sparkle than the production cars

• Nice !
    Excellent Bernie, looks well.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 308
    So car came back from body shop on Wed all Grey paintwork has now been resprayed

Prepped for Beaulieu

Clay barred the roof rails, then dodo juice carnaba wax and after a full clean of the car finished off with Meguiars Hybrid ceramic detailer

AG Fast glass cleaner so now show ready, bring it on

• Are you roof rails gloss finish now?
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 308
    No still Matt finish they had some surface tackyness from deposits built up to the touch so clay barred them smooth just a coat of protective wax to help keep them clean
  • Looks fab Bernie.
  • think i'll put a sheet over mine on Sunday, can't compete with that ^^^^^ :#
  • Stunning mate 🤙
  • My sunroof had the infamous creaking noise on the left hand side
    After searching the forum and a message from Mike discovered that the felt pad on the left side of the leading edge of the sunroof had gone missing in action.
    I tracked down on Amazon an Anti squeak tape.

Put 2 layers on one horizontal, one vertical to match up the thickness of the extg on the right and problem solved drive is now so much a better experience without the creak

You end up with 10m but plenty should they ever go missing again

• edited September 2021 Posts: 0
    maybe you should start selling the remainder, 6" at a time for forum members... ;)
  • bodie said:

maybe you should start selling the remainder, 6" at a time for forum members... ;)

Could supply every UK owner with what’s left over 😂

Happy to post any out FOC
  • Good find @berniethebolt looks more like the original than the ones I was doing years ago.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 308
    Sandy has picked up Rene today for underside refresh routine Maintenance and some upgrading list includes major service, new discs & pads all round, cam belt change, new cat back exhaust system and plenty more, no doubt Sandy will update as he goes on “Project Anyone”
    Aim is to future proof as much as possible and get the underside and running gear to the same standard as the exterior and interior want it to last another 20 years

• Here’s the before of the underside ahead of Sandy's refresh galv panels are in pretty good nick

Will be going for a dinittol rustproofing when completed

• edited December 2021 Posts: 308
    Dodged a bullet latest update from Sandy, he reckons the cam belt was original so 18 years old
    Plugs were long overdue a change

18 yrs !!!! but low mileage.....still well overdue , i replaced mine at 27k but 10 yrs old..
    it still looked new !! now on 65+ so will maybe bite the bullet at 70k !! (and nearly 20yrs old) :#
  • I'm not for one minute saying they don't need changing as often as recommended however, the old belt still looks OK from the photo, no cracking or separation apparent. Still got the writing on it. Only ever heard of one V6 Avantime suffering from a cambelt failure and that was due to no antifreeze so the water pump couldn't turn.
  • I'm not for one minute saying they don't need changing as often as recommended however, the old belt still looks OK from the photo, no cracking or separation apparent. Still got the writing on it. Only ever heard of one V6 Avantime suffering from a cambelt failure and that was due to no antifreeze so the water pump couldn't turn.

I guess the low mileage will have helped any in regular use would have twice the mileage in the 5 year suggested routine
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 308
    Underside completed and I’m over the moon Sandy has done a brilliant job and exceeded my expectations
    The job list was long
    New shocks, brake discs, pads, HEL brake pipes and wheel bearings on the rear, new shocks, brake callipers, discs pads HEL brake pipes on front.
    New exhaust, front and rear subframes and all underside heat shields and ancillaries shot blasted and powder coated.
    Underside under sealed
    Major service, renew cam belt
    Then up top
    Fuel flap solenoid replaced
    Door handle pulls refreshed
    Centre console trims repainted in satin black
    Door cill trims redone
    Rear screen washer fixed
    Like to think the car now is amongst the best left on the road in the UK

very nice !!
  • lovely. Look forward to seeing it next year at a meet.
  • An absolute pleasure working on this one. Next full restoration job is arriving today and will make a start after Bernie’s car is completely finished.
    Car all prepped and ready for a 6.30am off down to Poole for the ferry over to Cherbourg
    Had a last minute battery swop as the old one was only retaining a 3rd of its charge output

Will be attending the Amicale-Avantime forum meet at Les Sables-d’Olonne on Sat and Sun will be over 70 Avantime's in one place so will be a spectacle that’s for sure

looking forward to the pix... :)
  • @berniethebolt say hello to everyone from me and enjoy the meet.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 308

@berniethebolt say hello to everyone from me and enjoy the meet.

Thanks Mike I will pass on your regards to all

• edited May 2022 Posts: 308
    Took Grey Rene to the Salisbury Car Show in the Market Square. Got in early and bagged an end space but as there were some no shows was moved into the centre. Tim Shaw from Car SOS was the MC and he just loved the Avantime was genuinely impressed, even said he might look into getting one

• edited July 2022 Posts: 308
    Hens teeth purchased Friday going in for refurb tomorrow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

About Cookies

We use cookies just so you know