Avantime Owners UK

Here you will find a friendly and informal meeting place for the discussion of everything Avantime. If you would like to take part and gain access to the additional 1200+ discussion topics, please sign in or apply for membership below!

Grey Rene Update

Gave the Avantime a spruce up been parked up on trickle charge over the winter, been out a couple of times just to keep things moving
Had a run out shopping, parked well away from the tracksuit clad mummies who fling open their doors without any consideration
Last weekend Sandy did a few jobs for me, tidied up the seat pulls, look so much better, rectified the driver seat that kept dropping, turned out the small cog actuator the turns the main toothed adjuster had burst and changed out the front grille
On 21st March I’m nipping over to France via Eurotunnel to collect a Sports Kit purchased through the Amicale group and will be fitted the following week

Comments

Cannot 'unsee' Darth Vader from the first photo..
  • Murray said:

😂

• edited April 2023 Posts: 0
    Murray said:

At first "What!"...then :D :D :D :D :D
  • So after a jaunt to France last week to collect the bodykit just picked the car up from my bodyshop after painting and fitting. Unfortunately they got the rear section out of level so going back in next week to redo

My thought process was, whilst it’s a subdued colour, give it some lift with the bodykit and Olympie wheels that work well with the kit

Looking very nice Bernie. Personally I think you have the best colour combo exterior and EP2.

Going down the same route in the summer, getting the kit through Amicale, via a Dutch contact, as well and putting the Olympies on then she goes into storage with 50k miles on the clock. To be taken out for special occasions of course.
  • AviNL said:

Looking very nice Bernie. Personally I think you have the best colour combo exterior and EP2.

Going down the same route in the summer, getting the kit through Amicale, via a Dutch contact, as well and putting the Olympies on then she goes into storage with 50k miles on the clock. To be taken out for special occasions of course.

Thanks, I guess after getting back into the fold with the Nocturne I loved how the colour popped in sunlight so the grey replacement took some adjusting too, the EP2 interior was a big plus.

The grey is still an in vogue colour and it has grown on me over time and similar to my MR2 I chose to track down rare options to enhance it

My MR2 equally has extremely rare TTE (Toyota Team Europe) wheels and front bumper, only 4 others in the UK

AviNL said:

Thanks, I guess after getting back into the fold with the Nocturne I loved how the colour popped in sunlight so the grey replacement took some adjusting too, the EP2 interior was a big plus.

The grey is still an in vogue colour and it has grown on me over time and similar to my MR2 I chose to track down rare options to enhance it

My MR2 equally has extremely rare TTE (Toyota Team Europe) wheels and front bumper, only 4 others in the UK

Mine is Nocturne with the same EP2 interior as you :)

Nice MR2!

We won't talk about my 2nd car/daily driver Fiat Panda.
    Shiney MR2
  • noyzboy said:

Shiney MR2

Ceramic coated 😀

• I just ceramic coated (graphene) my Avantime after clay barring it and cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol. It is now so smooth that it makes you want to touch it. Between the prep and the two coats of ceramic, it took a full day but I think it worth it. If I had to pay a detail shop to do it, I probably wouldn't have done it as their costs are very high.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 312
    A walk around after the body shop redid the rear section
    I prefer the front blade in body colour rather than black, stands out more in the light

looks good :)
    Very nice!
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 312
    Always an on tenterhooks time until you get the result but MOT pass with no advisories, happy days 2,156 miles with a big grin last year, more to come

• Thats the way to do it. Now keep it perfect.
    ppfffft, 34 thousand miles ?...barely run in... :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

About Cookies

We use cookies just so you know